Kids Love to Climb
Our Youth Recreational Program is one of the best in the city for kids to jump into the world of climbing.
In the program, kids will focus on learning the fundamentals of climbing: body positioning, footwork, and movement. In addition, they will understand the variety of climbing holds, what climbing grades mean, and all the terminology to turn them into proper climbers.
Age Groups: Age 7-9, Age 10-12, Age 13-17
Each lesson typically begins with a warm-up followed by a mix of challenges, exercises/drills, bouldering and top rope time.
The younger age groups typically play more games and activities to teach terms and techniques, to keep it fun and engaging.
The program fee includes use of climbing shoes, harness, and chalk, as well as a Rec Program t-shirt.
- Level 1 (1 class/week): Focus on fun and learning fundamental technique and gaining comfort on the wall. Ideal for new climbers and those who want to spend more time on the wall and less time in lessons.
- Level 2 (1 class/week): Focus on technical instruction and improving climbing skill. Ideal for climbers who have some experience (consistent, weekly climbing for several months) and are interested in improving their technique and getting stronger.
- Level 3 (1 class/week): Focus on further improving technique and developing the physical and mental strength required to become a strong climber. Ideal for dedicated climbers with extensive experience (consistent, weekly climbing for over a year) who want to push themselves to reach their potential.
- Advanced (2 classes/week): The advanced program takes all elements of level 3 and places further emphasis on individualized technical and physical training as well as self-analysis and independence. Tryouts take place when spaces become available. Only the most dedicated climbers who demonstrate great attitude and desire to improve will be considered for tryouts. Ideal for climbers who hope to climb competitively or push themselves to climb at an expert level. Please contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Development (1 class/week in addition to L3): The development class is for climbers who try out for the advanced group but do not make the cut. Ideal for climbers who have great potential but need to continue developing fundamentals before making the next step.
New registrations for Winter 2020 session will open on Monday, December 9th at 10am.
Please register in person or by phone. Registration is not confirmed until payment has been received. We do not hold bookings without payment.
Kids must be the age of the group they are registering for at the start of the program – no exceptions.
Programs may be subject to change.
Price includes HST.
Fall 2019 (10 classes) – $361.60