Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, registration for the rec program is currently closed. If you would like us to add you to our rec program mailing list, please contact James at email@example.com
Kids Love to Climb
Our Youth Recreational Program is one of the best in the city for youth climbers of all skill levels.
Whether your kids are new to the sport or are experienced climbers, our instructors will help them learn, have fun and develop their climbing skills each week.
New participants will focus on the fundamentals: footwork, body positioning, movement, terminology and more. As they gain more experience, they will work on honing their technique and knowledge to help them grow into strong climbers.
Each lesson begins with a warm-up followed by a mix of challenges, exercises/drills and dedicated climbing time.
Age Groups & Levels
- Level 1 (1 class/week): Participants focus on fun and learning fundamental technique and gaining comfort on the wall. Ideal for new climbers and those who want to spend more time on the wall and less time in lessons.
- Level 2* (1 class/week): Participants focus on technical instruction and improving their climbing technique. Ideal for focused climbers who have substantial experience (consistent, weekly climbing for several months) and are interested in improving their technique and getting stronger.
- Level 3* (1 class/week): Participants focus on further improving technique and developing the physical and mental strength required to become a strong climber. Ideal for dedicated climbers with extensive experience (consistent, weekly climbing for over a year) who want to push themselves to reach their potential.
- Advanced* (2 classes/week): The advanced program takes all elements of level 3 and places further emphasis on individualized technical and physical training as well as self-analysis and independence. Tryouts take place when spaces become available. Only the most dedicated climbers who demonstrate great attitude and desire to improve will be considered for tryouts. Ideal for climbers who hope to climb competitively or push themselves to climb at an expert level. Please contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Development* (1 class/week in addition to L3): The development class is intended for climbers who are on track to join the advanced group. Ideal for climbers who have great potential and need to continue developing fundamentals before making the next step.
New registrations for Spring 2020 session will open on Monday, February 24th at 10am.
Please register in person or by phone. Registration is not confirmed until payment has been received. We do not hold bookings without payment.
Climbers who are currently enrolled in our program are given roughly one month to reclaim their spots before registration opens. Because of this, it is common for classes to fill up before new climbers get a chance to sign up. If you are unable to register for your desired class, we can add you to the wait list.
Climbers must register in the appropriate age group according to their age on the first day of the term. Exceptions may be made in special cases (pending approval from the program director).
Offerings may be subject to change.
Price includes HST. The program fee includes use of climbing shoes, harness, and chalk, as well as a Rec Program t-shirt.
Fall 2019 (10 classes) – $361.60