After 25 years in the computer animation software business, and six years of recreational indoor climbing, John took the leap into the climbing gym business. He spent months researching and networking with people in the climbing community and attended the Climbing Wall Association Summit conference in Boulder Colorado in April 2009 before committing to creating True North Climbing.
Since then, True North has become an integral member of the Toronto climbing community. From hosting local youth competitions to supporting international climbing events, we are excited to continue this journey of sharing climbing with everyone.
- 15,000 sq ft of climbing terrain
- About 80 top-rope routes, on walls up to 36 feet in height
- About 15 lead-only routes, as well as lead routes on almost every top-rope route
- 12 Perfect Descent Auto Belay stations, with 2 routes per station
- Over 100 boulder problems up to 14 feet high
- 2 Slacklines
- World’s largest indoor stalactite
- Free-standing boulder – perfect for kids
- Party Room (with real dishes & cutlery)
- Training Room (includes campus boards, stationary bike, rower and weights)
- Moon Board with LEDs, supporting the Moon Board app
- Large change rooms, with lockers and showers
- Accessible washroom
- Lounge area
- Free Wifi
- Gear Retail
- Snacks/Drinks for sale
Proudly sponsored by The North Face.