We’ve been busy the past few weeks both fixing up a few things that needed attention, and getting ready to make a few other improvements around the gym:
- The carpeted area was steam cleaned in September. Please be careful to keep all food and drink (except for water) off the padded floor, to help us keep it clean!
- The tiled floors were all stripped and rewaxed
- A few minor repairs were done around the gym, including replacing a few broken tiles, as well as the nosing on the stairway leading to the men’s change room.
- We brought a painter in to refresh/touch up the paint in areas that had taken a little wear and tear
- We brought our electrician in to add more power outlets. These will support the second cash drawer & credit card terminal that we expect to have up and running next week, which will help keep things running more smoothly on busy days. And at some point we expect to add electronic waiver stations, which will streamline the processing of waivers for new customers.
- We upgraded our computer network (in part to support the second credit card terminal), and as a side benefit we can now offer free wireless internet access to our customers.
- We’re looking at bringing in some more fitness equipment:
- We have a new dumbbell rack for the set of dumbbells that should be arriving soon. The adjustable dumbbells were a great idea, but they have not fared well in the gym environment, as they get jammed too frequently.
- We plan to install a set of rings and a rope ladder. These will be attached to a cross beam in the north side of the gym, and will be available for use most of the time on weekdays. They will be tied up out of the way on weekends and other busy times.
All of this is part of both keeping the gym clean and fresh, and improving the facility over time to keep our members and other customers happy. Please let us know if you notice anything else that needs attention, or if you have suggestions for ways we can improve what we’re doing.