There’s a lot going on within Downsview Park that I thought was worth a quick mention here:
- This weekend is the Wings & Wheels Heritage Show, which makes the park a very busy place! There will be aircraft coming in, and on display at the Air & Space Museum and at The Hangar.
- The roadway has been reworked along the west side of 75 Carl Hall Rd (the Downsview Park Sports Centre). The zigzag that used to be near the Roller Derby has been shifted 50-100 m south, so you now keep going south longer before cutting in just in front of Grand Prix Kartways. Unfortunately the old route was closed off before the new roadway was completed, and the large blue sign that guides you to our joint has not yet been repositioned. I have shared my concerns with the landlord, and they will work to make things better, but in the meantime bear with these changes.
- New signs will be going up throughout the park within the next few months, to improve navigation from the main entrance.
- The railway crossing on Carl Hall Rd will get reworked and improved in a few weeks. The plan is as follows:
- Close the entire crossing starting at 10:00 p.m. on Friday June 25
- All vehicles already on site would exit at the Chesswood and Sheppard intersection; signage and police would be at the intersection to manage traffic
- Anyone entering after 10:00 p.m. Friday June 25 would enter via Chesswood and Sheppard
- Remove the existing track, ties, etc. and replace with new ones overnight
- Pave the new crossing in the morning and complete by 8:00 a.m. Saturday June 26